GUI Refactoring!

I finally did it!  I have split up the GUI code into 9 files, one file per GUI Window for the most part. The GUI was in a single file over 1800 lines long, after breaking it up, most files are under 200 lines, but the Graph and IP Selection code is about 500 each.  Still, a lot nicer to deal with, then the 1800 line monster.  

It took me about 3 days to get that done, and there are still some little things to do, like clean up the shared configurations, since I had to mess around, trying to share config between the modular windows.  It appears to all be working now, but it will take a few more days to clear out old code and update other parts of the program to function more seamlessly with the new code.  I’ll also review the 500 line graph and IP selection modules to see about optimizing that.  

While I was breaking up the GUI, I also streamlined a few other things, like the logger, which has its own module now, so other windows can import and use that. There is MUCH less code in each module file for logging now.

Since there are no updates to the function of the program, I won’t be releasing a new version, but I did silently release ver. Alpha.19.2 last week, which includes a few new features I did before the GUI overhaul, like the Live Graph, Live Sensor Readings Report and multi threading for Sensor checks and downloads.

I want to make an overview video of the Control Center, but that will have to wait, since I don’t know much about Video production, and my program keeps changing 🙂  

Guess that’s it for today.  

Leave a Comment

NOTE - You can use these HTML tags and attributes:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>